This 500g Borax Substitute is a natural mineral compound discovered over 4000 years ago. It is usually found deep within the ground, and has numerous domestic and commercial uses.
The crystals are odourless and can be mixed with most other cleaning agents.
Don't use this borax substitute around food, keep it out of reach of children and pets, and make sure you rinse it out of clothes and off surfaces before use.
Pure Borax is on the EU's list of Substances of Very High Concern. Borax imported to EU must therefore be labelled with warnings "may damage fertility" and "may damage unborn child". We don't therefore sell borax but this substitute borax is a great alternative and can be used for many of the same uses.
Some uses for Borax around the home include:
- A laundry booster
- Multi-purpose cleaner. When mixed with water, lemon juice or white vinegar, it is an excellent scouring agent and slightly more abrasive than Bicarbonate of Soda
- A disinfectant
- A desicant for drying flowers for example
- As an insecticide
- Borax can also help cover urine smells and act as a general deodorizer
- Borax also makes a good floor cleaner.
- Not for culinary or medicinal use.