The RS PRO earth metal clamp protects electrical equipment and people working on electrical applications from shocks or power surges by diverting or grounding excess current.
It has a diameter of 12 mm to 32 mm and is made from zinc-plated phosphor bronze. This plating gives it good resistance to corrosion, so the clamp is useful for damp or chemical-laden conditions. It has a stainless steel strap and is supplied with an aluminium label embossed with a safety warning that is bolted onto the clamp. The earth clamp has a maximum wire cross-section area of 10 mm² and meets electrostatic control standards for reduction of electrostatic shock.
The earthing strap and clamp encircle the component you are working on and must be connected to a ground conductor with an earthing wire. It's also commonly used as an antistatic device to prevent damage to equipment.
• Metal earth clamp
• Maximum wire cross-section area of 10 mm²
• Minimum diameter of 12 mm
• Maximum diameter of 32 mm
• Supplied with an aluminium label embossed with "Safety Electrical Connection Do Not Remove"
• Meets ANSI/ESD S20.20:2014 and BS EN 61340-5-1:2007 Electrostatic Control Standards
• RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Compliant